FREE WORKSHOP TEMPLATE
Big picture thinking: team workshop
A strategy workshop to help you and your team take a step back from the day-to-day and look at the big picture.
This a template for a workshop that will help your team step back and look at the bigger picture. It can be run in 2 hours to half a day, depending on the size of your team. It’s a fast-paced workshop to energise your team and leave them feeling motivated for what’s next.
The template breaks down the activities step-by-step and provides a checklist for before and after the session.
- Review: what did we set out to achieve this past year and how did it go?
- Insights: what have we learned about our work/business/customers this year?
- Trends: what is happening in industry, outside of our business?
- Wish list: what would we do if time, money and resources were unlimited?
- Ideas generation: what if we were to…?
- Actions and next steps: what are the biggest insights from the session?
What you will have at the end of the workshop:
This workshop will help you to identify and explore:
- Where your team is spending most of their time and attention
- Key learnings that could inform and shape your team’s future work
- New opportunities that you could be pursuing
- Initial ideas for further development
What to expect
The follow-up of the workshop will be just as important as the workshop itself, and you will need to do work afterwards to keep discussions going. The session is designed to kick start thinking and further discussions for the year ahead, not to fully develop ideas or make decisions. Set these expectations with your team about the aims of the session.
Learn more about the workshop in this post.
Need a facilitator for this session?
If you’d like to get fully involved in the workshop yourself, without worrying about the details or how to keep everyone engaged, you can book me to facilitate the workshop for you.
I’m Alison Coward, the founder of Bracket and author of “A Pocket Guide to Effective Workshops”. I created the Big Picture Thinking team workshop based on sessions I’ve run with previous clients. I’m an experienced facilitator and I’ve been working in and leading creative teams for more than 15 years, passionate about finding the balance between creativity and productivity.
Email me at alison[at]bracketcreative.co.uk to find out more.